Friday, November 12, 2010

Ahalya and Pinky!

Every time I go to my little cousin Ahalya’s house, she has some surprises for me to show. Last time, her cat had just given birth to two kittens. Whenever she shows her pets to me, I pull her legs by saying I want to take them with me as I don’t have anyone to play with. She gets angry and I love to see her cute face in anger.

So recently on Diwali, I visited her house. As soon as she saw me, she ran into her room and came out with this gorgeous kitten.


I understood this was one of the same two kittens which had not even opened their eyes a few months back. I asked her where the other one was. She said it died after a few days. She looked sad and I could not bear that anymore. I said, ‘Come on, let’s play with Pinky!’ (I don’t know why she kept that name!).
Well, the cute little Pinky looked hyperactive, was in a playful mood, and was playing with whatever came in front of her.











I just fell in love with her gorgeous eyes. This time I really wanted to take her with me. But I did not want to upset Ahalya this time. As I continued to photograph Pinky, I told Ahalya, ‘Pinky would have been happier if she had her brother alive, she doesn’t have anybody to play with her when you go to school!’

Ahalya gave a big smile and asked me to follow her. She took me to her room and asked me to look into a box kept at a corner. I went near the boxed and peeped in. Wow! Pinky’s mom had plans for her! Three brand new kittens! Ahalya had arranged a box and a cloth for Pinky’s mom and siblings.




“Wait for one more week. They will open their eyes and play with Pinky!”, Ahalya was too excited about her new friends. They were beautiful and colorful, sleeping peacefully with their mom. I did not want to disturb them. I took some quick shots and kept my camera inside the bag.


As I was leaving the house, I told Ahalya, ‘next time when I come, I will take all of them with me’.

This time Ahalya did not get angry! She was smiling, ‘last time you had told you would take Pinky next time, and you are not taking her now. I know you just lie!!’ :)


This Post is linked to: That's My World




Powered by WebRing.


28 comments:

Lily Riani said...

i want pinky tooo... sooo cute. i can never photograph a cat, it will turn out bad... but your lovely!

indicaspecies said...

Beautiful post, and your photographs are very lovely.

Susan Deborah said...

All these shots are so drool worthy. Cats are favourites of many people and I like the different poses you have managed here. Do you like cats??

Joy always,
Susan

Sandeep said...

Nice Pics, you would like Sahyadri Chya Kushit

Ganesh Prasad said...

Thank you all! Yes Susan, I love cats and I love all the pets. As a child, I grew up playing more with cats and dogs, than with other kids!

pietrzyk said...

Beautiful!.Greetings Andrzej.

brajmohan said...

Pinky is really cute :)

your post reminded me of Bholu(a young doggy), the shona baccha of one of my very close friend.

Cinderella said...

What wonderful pictures!!!
You sure have an eye for details and I love details.

Following you herewith. Looking forward to some awesome photography.

Franja said...

preciosos! pura ternura

Sree said...

Very clear and perfectly focussed . And what a cute kittie :)

GaneshPrasad said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashlee said...

Beautiful photos! I absolutely adore cats.
Thank you for stopping by and following my blog. I am a new follower! I am looking forward to seeing more of your work :)

Ganesh Prasad said...

Thank you all for the comments. They will keep me going.. :)
Cinderella, this time i have not added any text to the pictures. Thank you for the advice!

Orchid said...

these are beautiful shots...looks very professional.fun blog. cheers!!!

Cinderella said...

Hey thanks. I was kinda hoping you would not take offense at my intrusion. You're sweet!

I love the photos. But I already told you that. :)

Zuzana said...

These images are incredible! To a cat lover and to a lover of photography, they are like eye candy for me.;)
Thank you so much for stopping by my place and for your kind words,
xoxo

jabblog said...

What beautiful photographs! The kittens are all adorable with such lovely coat patterns. Pinky's mum is very pretty - so many colours in her coat - but I hope she doesn't keep having kittens.

debarpita mohapatra said...

Superb... The pics are really adorable.

Ganesh Prasad said...

Orchid, Thank you very much!
Cinderella, no question of taking offence at your suggestion. In fact it was really helpful. Thank you once again :)
And yeah, I am sweet :)

Ganesh Prasad said...

Thanks a lot Zuzana :)

GaneshPrasad said...

Jab, that was a good thought, Pinky's mom should stop now! :) Thank you for the appreciation.
Thank you very much Debarpita..

Joe Todd said...

Some amazing photos. Thanks for sharing

Johnny Nutcase said...

so adorable i can hardly stand it - beautiful photos!! beautiful cats!

DISGRUNTLED GENIUS said...

Good snaps...

Sneo said...

very nice captures. will explore your blog more.
thanks for dropping by
-Sneha

GaneshPrasad said...

Thanks a lot, 'genius' and Sneha :)

Innocent Warrior said...

Nice ssssssssssshot!!!!

Sridharan said...

Cute kitties..Feel like cuddling them .. Nice capture Ganesh